Monday, September 30, 2013

Do you know the muffin man?

Make that muffin woman


I found a recipe last week on Pinterest ( I know ), but it was called Muffins that taste like doughnuts. Yeah, now you get it. So today I made them again, but I have tweaked the recipe. Originally it was from The Pioneer Woman - Ree Drummond. But I have tweaked it to my liking using all organic ingredients, before you roll your eyes, this recipe has been kid tested and approved. If you knew my youngest then you would understand! So here is the recipe!



  • 1-¾ cup Flour
  • 1-½ teaspoon Baking Powder
  • ½ teaspoons Salt
  • ½ teaspoons Nutmeg
  • ½ teaspoons Cinnamon
  • ⅓ cups Oil ( I used Coconut Oil)
  • ¾ cups White Sugar
  • 1 whole Egg
  • ¾ cups Milk
  •  *I added a teaspoon of Vanilla and one mashed Banana*
  • _____
  • FOR THE TOPPING:
  • ¼ cups Butter
  • ⅓ cups White Sugar


  • Combine flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
    In a new bowl: Combine oil, sugar, egg and milk (vanilla and banana if you wish).
    Add dry ingredients and stir only to combine.
    Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Use a toothpick after 15 min and see where you are.
    Meanwhile, melt the butter in a bowl. Combine the white sugar with the cinnamon in another bowl.
    Shake muffins out while still hot. Dip muffins in butter, then into the sugar/cinnamon mix. Let cool.
     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment